- Home support duties (including, but not limited to personal care, bathing, bathroom support, meal preparation and eating).
- Use of lifts and transfers as needed.
- Providing companionship and accompanying the Individual in community outings and leisure activities within the home.
- Maintaining records of daily activities, health and goals.
- Accompanying the Individual to appointments.
- Ensure the Individual’s rights and choices are respected and advocate as needed.
- Excellent understanding of behaviour management principles and strategies including mental health needs.
- Performing range of motion exercises as set up and outlined by the occupational therapist.
- Encourage and motivate individual through trust building, sharing and companionship.
- Cultivate and maintain positive relationships with team members.